Saturday, September 10, 2011

Some New Plants for the Garden

Salvia 'Black and Blue' is new  to the garden this year. I was surprised to see this much bloom since it was planted only last month. I know that I am pushing the hardiness limits a little with this plant but after seeing it in bloom in a garden almost 90 miles to the north of me I had to give it try.



Another new plant to the garden is a white coneflower Echinacea 'Fragrant Angel'. I have several of the pink coneflowers some of which I don't know the variety. They are usually carefree plants here except that I am always torn whether to leave the seedpods for the birds or cut them back to make the garden look better. If I see the goldfinches feeding they usually stay.




This black eyed susan caught my eye at the garden center and I decided to give it a try. This one is 'Cherry Brandy'. It is supposed to be both drought tolant and deer resistant. If this one overwinters well I may want to add some of the other Rubeckia's

No comments:

Post a Comment