August has been a really busy month. We have dug, divided and replanted one main bed of daylilies in our garden. The daylilies in this bed were so crowded that this years bloom on the most crowded ones was less than in the past. In order to make the spacing between the plants greater we had to create a new bed to hold them. We put back in the garden bed at least three or four fans and planted the extra fans in another area in order to offer them for sale next spring. Rainfall has been scarce this month which helped us get as many moved as we did, but it also meant dragging hoses and watering the all the beds.
We still have a few more that need to be divided this fall if possible, there is the mulch that needs to be put down and the rest of the daylily beds need a final cleanup. I want to cut the foliage back so there will be less of the old foliage to remove in the spring. Sooo, September looks as if it too will be busy. There has been little time to photograph the garden, since we used the early morning and late evening hours as much as possible to do most of the renovation. I hope to soon be able to get back out with the camera, so that I can show some before and after shots of the bed that we redid.
The lack of rain is definitely creating fewer rebloom scapes but there were a few that were blooming this past weekend. A couple of those blooming are
'Worth It All'
'Circle of Fire'
This is the first year bloom for both of these plants in my garden. I am looking forward to more blooms on them next year.