Saturday, August 20, 2011

Beauty without Blooms


The season of lots of daylilies in bloom has passed for my garden. There are a few re bloom scapes appearing in the garden but for the most part they are finished and I am ready to start the cleanup process and redo some of the most crowded beds. There is still color in the garden even without the daylilies. I planted this caladium in the with the hosta. The very first leaves that emerged were promptly eaten off by the deer or rabbits. I sprinkled the foliage that was left with red pepper and either they didn't like the taste of this plant or the red pepper worked.


I love the variegated foliage of the Euphorbia 'Ascot Rainbow' It is planted in front of some oaf leaf hydrangeas and really adds a spot of brightness to the bed. Although it will have blooms the foliage is what I like about this plant.

No comments:

Post a Comment