Friday, August 12, 2011

Wax Begonia's


Wax begonia's make great edging plants. I have used them several places in the garden such as along this walkway leading from the side yard toward the front of the house. They will provide color here until the first killing frost which for our garden is usually mid October.


This spring I planted a couple of wire hanging baskets with wax begonia's. I don't usually have good luck with hanging containers. I don't get them watered often enough and by this time of year they are usually in pretty sad shape. I am pleased with the way these have managed to survive this hot dry summer that we are having, but there have been other problems to contend with...


The deer seem to like them too. They evidently found this one to be quite delectable. This picture was taken a couple of weeks after I moved them to a different location in the garden, one that is closer to the house.
The plants were eaten off so close to the soil line that I wasn't sure that they would live, but they seem to be growing fine and I hope they will be full of flowers for the rest of the summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment