Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lillies in Bloom

Knockout Roses

Three years ago while attending a garden fair I purchased a few lily bulbs. I guess I didn't have much faith that they would survive. I don't think I even kept their names so that I could tag them. They survived and I am so glad they did! These are planted with the Double Red Knockout Roses.

Verbena bonariensis and Asiatic lily
Asiatic Lily 'Elodie'

When I have success with a type of flower there are usually more added to the garden. so that fall I ordered several of the Asiatic lilies. Elodie is described as a double and it is planted with Verbena bonariensis. 


You can see the second row of petals which create the "double" effect.

There is much for me to learn about growing these flowers, so I want to continue to experiment with them. Any plant that can add this much beauty to the garden will be worth the time I spend to learn.






No comments:

Post a Comment