Friday, July 27, 2012

A Few Blooms for Friday



We had a half inch of rain last night. It was a wonderful sight to see the water drops on the foliage of the plants. They are responding to the moisture and I am beginning to see the promise of a few more blooms. This rose was planted earlier this spring. I haven't added a hybrid tea to my garden for quite some time but I loved the soft peach of 'Medallion'.


The English rose 'Abraham Darby' has started to bloom again. This plant was full of buds when the late April freeze hit it. I have a clematis 'Mr. President' growing up through this rose and it has a couple of new blooms on it.


One of the new daylilies that I purchased this spring has a first bloom on it. This one is 'Brooke's Bright Star' hybridized by Bill Waldrop in Georgia. I am finding blooms on several of the daylilies now.



As I was walking around the garden this morning and I came close to the row of crepe myrtles I could hear a constant buzz. The blooms were full of honey bees. He is a little hard to see in this photo which certainly shows that I am not that good with a camera but I was so glad to know that the honey bees were close enough to be gathering pollen from the garden.

3 comments:

  1. I saw the honeybee right away! I can feel your excitement with all the new blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peach is my favorite color - Medallion is beautiful! And your Abraham Darby is glorious with the clematis growing through it! Simply wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that you had some rain! And I really like your rose and clematis combination as well... I am a fan of David Austin roses! Thanks for you nice comment at WMG!
    ~Julie in PA

    ReplyDelete