Sunday, March 10, 2013

Still Blooming after all these years

 
 
When we moved into our home 40 years ago this past month, it wasn't long before these bright flowers greeted us. They are still the first of the daffodils to bloom here. It is so good to see them because for me they are the herald of spring.
 
It was warm enough yesterday and today to work outside for part of the afternoon. I have started to clean up a few of the perennial beds and I am delighted that there are small signs of plants waking up and letting me know that they have survived another winter.
 
The beds are not that great looking yet, still too much of last years stalks waiting on the gardener to get them cleared away. It doesn't take many warm hours for me to be anxious to spend as much time as possible in the garden. I am just thankful for another season to enjoy the beauty that nature has in store.

1 comment:

  1. How nice to have daffodils! I am looking forward to ours coming up in April. They are my husbands favorite :)

    Thanks for you very nice comments and visit to WMG! I am so happy to find your blog in return. I looking forward to seeing more of your garden this season!
    ~Julie, PA

    ReplyDelete