Sunday, March 3, 2013

Waiting for Spring

I am anxious to get back in the garden, eager for there to be a few days in March that will be warm enough to venture out. There are signs that spring  will soon be here.

 
This photo was taken last year on Feb 27 but looking out my kitchen window this is pretty much what I see today. In a bed on the western side of the house there are the old time March lilies blooming. These are plants that were here when we moved in 40 years ago.
 
I have all the symptoms of a gardener itching to get back to playing in the dirt. I am spending my weekends pouring over plant catalogs and websites making lists of plants I would like to try, staring out the window and making mental notes of plants that I want to move and noting beds that need to be cleaned up before new growth appears.
 
Next weekend promises to be a pretty one. Hope Mother Nature hasn't fooled the forecasters. If possible I hope to be very busy and happily tired by this time next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment