Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bleeding Hearts

Dicentra spectabillis 'Alba'

There are some flowers that evoke memories from childhood. They are often the ones that were from my grandmother's garden. A lot of then aren't often seen in modern gardens and have only recently found their way into my own.

Dicentra spectabillis

The pink colored one was the one grandmother grew. It grew by the front walk and I always enjoyed seeing it bloom in the spring and marvel at how much the plant deserved it's common name.
After its bloom is finished the plant will disappear during the heat of summer. I have placed my at the edge of the hosta garden which allows me to enjoy their beauty while I wait for the hosta and ferns to unfurl their leaves.

Hope you have plants that will always remind you of a garden from your childhood.


No comments:

Post a Comment