Tuesday, April 24, 2012

WHITE GARDEN...Maybe Someday

 
The shrubs along this walkway have been full of bloom the last couple of weeks. I have always wanted to have a white garden but just can't seem to accomplish it. I always end up needing a space to put a newly purchased plant that isn't white.

Viburnum plicatum tomentosum 'Summer Snowflake'

The mild winter has created an abundance of blooms on these shrubs. I don't remember another year where there have been so many. I limbed up this shrub to give myself a little more room to plant and was quite pleased with the way it looked this year.

Deutzia gracillis

There is one of these slender deutzia on either side of the viburnum each loaded with small bell shaped blooms. I took a couple of rooted pieces off these shrubs last fall. Because they were planted in a less protected area, the late hard frost that we had ruined most of their blooms. I look forward to next year hoping to see them as loaded with blooms as these. 

There are many other white flowering shrubs and perennials growing in my garden. Maybe someday they can all be blooming in one place place and I will have my WHITE GARDEN.


No comments:

Post a Comment