Saturday, April 14, 2012

Clematis and Roses

Clematis 'H. F. Young'

Clematis are fairly new to our garden. The more that I add the more I enjoy them. This is the second year for H. F. Young and the blooms so far have been beautiful. I added four new clematis last year and there are three more on the way to plant this year. So far most of them are paired with roses but I read about letting them climb through other shrubs so that may be the next combination I will try.


Zephirine Drouhin

The first bloom on Zephirine Drouhin will be followed by many more from the look of the canes. This rose is supposed to be a repeat bloomer with a strong fragrance. I have often admired the pictures of beautiful roses climbing on arbors full of blooms. I will post pictures later when she is in full bloom.




No comments:

Post a Comment